Friday, October 14, 2005

What happened to the Charlotte track? (Lowe's Motorspeedway)









Very scary when “improvements” are made to a race track sometimes…

The race was total chaos. One of the craziest races I’ve ever seen. 14 cautions for 67 laps under caution of a 200 lap race. Cautions took 1:46.49 of race time. The race started at 7pm CT and was scheduled to go to 9pm. Instead, it took until 11pm due to wreck clean up.

Over 20 cars wrecked in tonight’s NASCAR Busch race. One driver, Kevin Harvick, in his post wreck interview was asked what this means for tomorrow night’s race. "See that room right there?" he asked, pointing to the infield care center, "I told them to make sure they have a lot of stretchers ready."

2 red flags because wrecks were so bad the track needed to be closed for cleaning. Record number of cautions. Tires going down, sending drivers and cars flying into the walls.

They even wrecked coming across the finish line…

Ryan Newman won the race and handsome Elliott Sadler finished 2nd. Matt Kenseth was running in the 4th position with 17 laps to go when something broke in the left wheel area of his car…luckily, he didn’t wreck, but ended up with a 25th place finish.

To sum it up, the race was a cluster-fuck.

Source of pics and parts in quotes fox sports-full article
Everything else is my opinion or I witnessed while watching the race.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiredawg said...

Mornin Babs, Glad you liked my site. I put you down in favs. Stop by and say hi. I will try to be nice to Matt. Since he and Junior are good buds.

January 10, 2006 3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter