Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Congratulations Tony Stewart, the new 2005 NASCAR Nextel Cup Champion!!!!

Okay, just getting prepared for Sunday. I mean it's pretty much between Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson at this point. Though I know anything can happen during a race, I'm calling it now for Tony.

Unfortunately, Matt Kenseth is stuck back in 7th place and the most he can gain this last race is maybe one spot in the championship ahead of Ryan Newman. Matt could still win the race though! Kurt Busch will of course drop to the 10th spot since he's been booted out of the race.

And I hear rumors about having Greg Biffle replace Kurt Busch in some of the ceremonies.Now, what Kurt Busch did was certainly wrong. See my
previous post for a re-fresher on that.

But he did earn the championship as
Clance' said on her blog. I don't agree with old Bug eyed dummy Biffle filling in for Kurt. Biffle has a NASCAR Truck Championship under his belt, but has never won a NASCAR CUP championship. HUGE difference. I know they had to boot Kurt out of his car because of sponsor's and the moral responsibility clause in his contract. All driver's have this clause in their contract. Maybe other sports should look into that. Anyway, he still earned last year's Championship and should be the one handing this year's flag over to Tony Stewart. If for some reason, there is a valid excuse for Kurt to not be there for this (hey, maybe he doesn't want to be there to hear people boo him), then chose a prior NASCAR CUP Champion to do the honors, not Biffle. Choose Matt Kenseth the 2003 NASCAR Cup Champion, choose he who shall not be mentioned on my blog, he's won 4 of those suckers. But to choose someone who is not a former champion to pass the championship flag is wrong. I like tradition. I know some traditions are outdated. This is not the case here.

Anyway, that's my beef on this situation as it stands right now. This is the last week of NASCAR folks. Sunday is the day that decides the next Champion. And then I start counting the days till Daytona and switch over to football for awhile.


Only 90 days till Daytona 500

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter