The Kenseth Diary
Looks like Matt and I both picked the wrong team for the Super Bowl...sorry this is from Saturday, this goes to my spam email address and I only check it every few days. I need to update that!
Hey everyone!
Just a couple of things we need to talk about this week. First off, the Cup test in Las Vegas went well. We were pretty good throughout our two-day test and got to try out a few different things. The Vegas test is much more beneficial than the Daytona test, just because the information you gather at Vegas can be applied to every other down-force track, which is just about all of them with the exception of Daytona and Talladega.
The test sessions are also great for the crew. We’ve got a few new members and it gives them a good chance to work together for the first time before the season gets underway and allows Robbie (Reiser) to see how everyone will get along.
Teams will be trying to squeeze everything they can into test sessions this season, simply because of the new restrictions NASCAR has put in place to limit testing at Cup tracks. Because Vegas is a down-force track, the data from that test will translate into other down-force tracks. Down force is simply the air pushing down on the racecar as it moves around the racetrack. Down force will effect how well your car turns in the corners, so the more down force you can create on the nose of the car, the better your car will turn through the corners, and that means faster lap times.
The next thing is the big game this weekend; the Super Bowl. I’ve enjoyed watching pro football for a long time and while my (Green Bay) Packers didn’t have too good of a year, I still enjoy watching the playoffs and I really think this year’s Super Bowl will be a good one.
A lot of folks hype up Pittsburgh’s running game, but it’s really Seattle who has dominated on the ground this year. Shaun Alexander was a scoring machine and I think he’ll probably be the difference maker on Sunday night. Pittsburgh’s defense loves to blitz, but that becomes harder to do effectively if you can establish the ground game, which I think Seattle will.
On the other hand, it’s the Super Bowl, and you know anything can happen in that game. Who knows, it may be a blowout, but I’m going to say Seattle wins a close one, with the winning score probably in the low 20s.
- Matt
Hey everyone!
Just a couple of things we need to talk about this week. First off, the Cup test in Las Vegas went well. We were pretty good throughout our two-day test and got to try out a few different things. The Vegas test is much more beneficial than the Daytona test, just because the information you gather at Vegas can be applied to every other down-force track, which is just about all of them with the exception of Daytona and Talladega.
The test sessions are also great for the crew. We’ve got a few new members and it gives them a good chance to work together for the first time before the season gets underway and allows Robbie (Reiser) to see how everyone will get along.
Teams will be trying to squeeze everything they can into test sessions this season, simply because of the new restrictions NASCAR has put in place to limit testing at Cup tracks. Because Vegas is a down-force track, the data from that test will translate into other down-force tracks. Down force is simply the air pushing down on the racecar as it moves around the racetrack. Down force will effect how well your car turns in the corners, so the more down force you can create on the nose of the car, the better your car will turn through the corners, and that means faster lap times.
The next thing is the big game this weekend; the Super Bowl. I’ve enjoyed watching pro football for a long time and while my (Green Bay) Packers didn’t have too good of a year, I still enjoy watching the playoffs and I really think this year’s Super Bowl will be a good one.
A lot of folks hype up Pittsburgh’s running game, but it’s really Seattle who has dominated on the ground this year. Shaun Alexander was a scoring machine and I think he’ll probably be the difference maker on Sunday night. Pittsburgh’s defense loves to blitz, but that becomes harder to do effectively if you can establish the ground game, which I think Seattle will.
On the other hand, it’s the Super Bowl, and you know anything can happen in that game. Who knows, it may be a blowout, but I’m going to say Seattle wins a close one, with the winning score probably in the low 20s.
- Matt


















4 Comments:
Well Matt was partially right.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Everyone seem to have a good test session...I just wonder what the track will be like when the owners put the banking in it...Will make for a different race...
Where ya been girrl?
Post a Comment
<< Home