Thursday, February 16, 2006

MATT KENSETH - ON THE NEW BUMP-DRAFTING RULE.

MATT KENSETH - ON THE NEW BUMP-DRAFTING RULE. "The whole Sunday thing, in my opinion, got blown way out of proportion with some of the stuff that got said and that went on and all that stuff - in my opinion. This kind of racing since I started in the Busch Series in '97, unless we got really, really, really lucky on a plate weekend and didn't have a big wreck, you had the same conversation after every race and we still have the same conversation after every race. 'What are we gonna do to fix it? What's wrong?' Well, it's really easy to fix it. Make it boring. Put the small spoilers on like we had here in 2000 or whatever and everybody can be single-file, three car lengths apart. You can't hit each other because there's not a big enough hole in there, but nobody likes to watch that, so you put big spoilers on and put a big hole in there and you get everybody wadded up in there two and three-wide.

You have a chance to bump-draft and do that stuff. But from what I saw in the seat I was in on Sunday, I thought the wreck that happened on the backstretch and some other near wrecks and bouncing were hits side to side. I didn't see any bump-drafting. I saw somebody that was three-wide and then the guy on the outside only left room for two-wide and there was still somebody in there three-wide. Well, that has nothing to do with bump-drafting. I didn't see anybody run into to somebody in the corners. It might have happened and I didn't see it, but from where I was I didn't really see that. The big bump-draft thing is more of an issue, in my opinion, at Talladega than it is here because you can get a big run and run into somebody, whereas here you still have to handle pretty good after a few laps. But I don't know about the rules too much, yet. I'm sure they'll fill us in in the driver's meeting."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter