Monday, February 13, 2006

Knaus ejected from Daytona after disqualification

By MARK LONG, AP Sports Writer

February 13, 2006

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Jimmie Johnson's crew chief was thrown out of the Daytona 500 on Monday for illegal modifications made to Johnson's car during qualifying.

Chad Knaus was accused of raising the rear window on the No. 48 Chevrolet to alter aerodynamics during Johnson's run Sunday. The infraction was discovered in a post-qualifying inspection when the car failed to fit NASCAR templates.

NASCAR said Knaus cannot appeal the ejection.

NASCAR also said the team is subject to additional penalties, which would not be announced until after Sunday's Daytona 500.

Updated on Monday, Feb 13, 2006 4:30 pm EST


Link to this article


I'm sure we will hear much more about this in the coming days.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cheyenne said...

Well, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

February 13, 2006 10:47 PM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

Told you about Chad's bald spot!

February 14, 2006 3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is the best story I've heard out of Daytona so far!!!

I knew Jimmie & Chad were nothing but a bunch of cheaters!!!

February 14, 2006 6:51 AM  
Blogger Clance' McClannahan said...

**evil laugh** directed towards JJ tho...
I like Chad. I confess. He's my favorite crew chief. Any guy who's favorite word is fuck and isn't afraid to tell you about it is ok with in my book. Well, not just any guy I guess.**foot in mouth**
He needs to come over to "our" side.
But oh well such as it goes...you play you pay...

February 14, 2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Clance' McClannahan said...

Aw....come on...they are ALL a bunch of cheaters if they canget away with it. Jeesh!! What is this sport about anyway? LOSING??

February 14, 2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I think Chad Knaus is a genius. He is actually one of my favorite crew chiefs too, but I don't like his driver.
He just got busted doing his "creative engineering" again.

February 14, 2006 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter