The Kenseth Diary
Hey guys!For those of you bummed about Sunday’s finish in Las Vegas, (and believe me, I was bummed more than anyone,) think of it this way: we’re in a lot better shape than we were at this point last year. Last year after Vegas we were sitting 28 th in points, almost 250 or so points out of first; we blew up at Daytona, and Vegas was actually the first race we finished on the lead lap.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I could have done without that caution at the end last week, but the big picture is, we’ve had cars capable of winning at all three races so far this season. We’ve won once, finished second once, and are only 52 points out of first. Considering the pace that Jimmie Johnson has set here at the start, well… we’re right there with him.
One thing that Robbie (Reiser) does a great job of is big picture thinking. As soon as we finished the race on Sunday, Robbie was on the radio telling everyone what a great job they did and how we’re off to a great start and now it’s time to focus on Atlanta. He knew we were all kind of frustrated with the finish, but he wasn’t going to let anyone hang their heads and he’s right; no one should hang their head, because they did an excellent job and right now, we’re making cars that can compete for the win each and every week. As a driver that’s a great feeling to have.
I can’t say enough about the pit crew. Those guys are simply the best and I’m not sure where we’d be without them, but I know we wouldn’t be near as good. We’ll be back this weekend in Atlanta. It’s one of my favorite tracks on the circuit and always produces good racing. This team is rolling right now and I’m glad we were able to carry some of that momentum from last season into this season. More importantly, I’m glad we’ve been able to get off to a much better start than we did last season.
- Matt


















1 Comments:
I always say too "Look at the big picture." That's the most important thing. It isn't always winning the race, although that helps.
Post a Comment
<< Home