Wednesday, August 09, 2006

D'oh!!!

Elliott can't use past champ status for spot at the Glen

"Because Bill Elliott was not on the entry list as Jeremy Mayfield's replacement by the July 31 entry deadline, he is unable to use a past champions provisional this weekend at Watkins Glen, NASCAR confirmed Wednesday."

10 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Maybe Ray should have crossed those "t's" and dotted those "i's"...so will he put Jeremy back in???

August 09, 2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I don't know...wonder if they are still holding the contract over his head?
Now wouldn't that piss Jeremy off after being removed from the list of Evernham's drivers!
I really like Jeremy, he's a down to earth guy and so funny. But this is getting crazy!

August 09, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Todd Parrott back to RYR... on nascar.com

August 09, 2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

I like Jeremy too. It is a shame this is happening to him.

But I can relate...it happened to me once at work...i was the last person to know that MY job duties had changed.

It sucked!

August 09, 2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Do you think Jeremy wanted this to happen just by the way he was bad-mouthing Ray a few weeks back? It's a strong possibility. Why else would he do what he did back then?

August 09, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I think Jeremy wanted out for next year. I don't know about this year.

August 09, 2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

Sounds like Ray Evernham is taking lessons from Bill Davis. Remember how Scott Wimmer was fired??? BY MAIL!!!

August 10, 2006 2:59 AM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

And to think Ms. Doe, it is only beginning. Have a gr8 night Janey, talk to ya tomarrow.

August 10, 2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger Oscar T. Grouch said...

the so called silly season sucks.

Treat every one with decency and above board actions.

I hate the way Jeremy has been treated.

August 11, 2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Clance' McClannahan said...

Well good. I am glad. I am so ticked at EMS for firing Jeremy.
I hope the injunction went well for him this morning. He has handled himself like a true gentleman. Funny no news about it on NASCAR live.

August 11, 2006 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter