Friday, February 24, 2006

NASCAR's penalties should cost teams in points chase, Sadler argues

When Elliott Sadler speaks, I listen. Damn, I love his accent.

By DAVID POOLE

The Charlotte Observer

Elliott Sadler is among those who was surprised that Jimmie Johnson's team didn't get any points taken away along with a four-race suspension for Chad Knaus for rules violations at Daytona.

"I think when a team is found guilty of breaking the rules the
team should lose points," Sadler said. "It's a team sport. Somebody else could have done the crime. ...NASCAR has done a great job of making sure we penalize the team points because money usually doesn't do anything to these guys.


"So I would have liked to have seen points taken because it was blatant, I think."

Sadler also believes that 25 points might not be enough in some cases.

"I think if you get caught once, 25 points," he said. "If you get caught twice, go to 75 or 100 points. Go up every time you're caught doing something like that, especially if it's on purpose."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter