It's a tear jerker...
I was reading this article on NASCAR.com called, "Inside Victory Junction: A volunteer's perspective." It's excellent and not written by a professional writer, but a volunteer. It makes it even more real. Warning: it's a tear jerker and I'm not big on crying, but it still had me in tears. However, it's a happy tear jerker and put things in perspective.
This is important. This is the really good stuff about NASCAR. No fights or beating or banging on the track matters compared to what happens at Victory Junction. Go read...
This is important. This is the really good stuff about NASCAR. No fights or beating or banging on the track matters compared to what happens at Victory Junction. Go read...


















5 Comments:
I know I couldn't do what she did...I couldn't imagine all the pain the children are in!!!
I sent off my application months ago to volunteer there myself, and never heard from them. I haven't read the article yet, and I'm not sure I want to...I knew it would be an incredible experience, and desperately wanted to be a part of it and make a difference. I don't doubt it's a tearjerker - before I sent off the packet, I spent days reading about it on their website and crying over it. I truly felt like I was led to apply and help a group of children...I still wish I could have. They're so precious, and they deserve so much to have their special week at camp like able-bodied kids. What a wonderful place! (even if they didn't call)
really great thing for the kids...
meant to tell you to check out my husbands site sometime...
www.pitpassradio.net he tries to address some of the insider info of NASCAR
vroooom...vroooooom udddennnn uddddenn..im on my way...
skeech! well, that was uplifting and wonderful...and made me teary..but what a great story...and how caring and loving are those race car people....?
Post a Comment
<< Home