Decisions...
Once again, there is a family celebration on Sunday scheduled during the race. True, the race starts a little later than normal, 2 pm here. So, we will be done eating brisket by then. Ahhh... my step-mom makes a mean brisket. Almost worth missing a race over... almost. But we are celebrating the birth of my dad, so I guess that's important. hehehe.. Of course, it's important. My dad rocks!!! Okay, so he's a nerdy engineer, but I love him anyways and he is a great man.Now, I have an ancient TV... you know with technology the way it is now, ancient is from less than 10 years ago. But the problem is with the ancient TV and the crappy cable monopolists, I have to be physically present to change the channels to record something on the VCR. Yes, I still use a VCR. Tivo and all that stuff is not in my budget. Could be worse, at least I have a roof over my head! But the dilemma... I have to leave before noon or the time NASCAR Race Day starts on Speed Channel. I love Race Day, Kenny and Jimmy crack me up and they don't do replays of that show like all the other Speed Channel shows. Then the pre-race starts at 2:00 pm CT. I won't be home to change the channel to TNT. Should I record Race Day and hope to catch the race at my parents? Speed Channel does do a replay of the race later in the week. Hmmm.... I think I'm going to record the race. I hate missing Kenny and Spencer. Some of the things that pop outta their mouths are priceless. But, the race... it is all about the race, now isn't it. And Happy Birthday to my dad, who was smart enough to have me born in the off season!!!
Ahhh... here's a feel good article for ya'. Dale Huffman: Making wishes come true: NASCAR driver Kenseth meets his No. 1 fan...


















2 Comments:
That is a dilemma, but I would record the race especially if Matt wins!
I like Jimmy and Kenny too--they have me in stiches every week. Good thing the other guy--I never can remember his name--to be the equalizer or calming effect.
Have a great weekend! Good luck to our boys!
I say you have a earphone plugged into a radio in one ear and that way you will know what is going on...Hope you have a good day with the family. Tell your Dad Happy Birthday from NC
Post a Comment
<< Home