Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Across the border

It will be a slow week for NASCAR Cup...so it gives me a chance to spread out Matt's win throughout the week. They will have little coverage of the happenings in Mexico city on SPEED channel and Fox. Only qualifying and the race itself. Caution! Stray dog on track!! Caution!! NASCAR drivers attempting right turns!!

So... yep it gives me that much longer to bask in Matt's win at California Speedway. Even though Matt prefers Rockingham according to his post race press conference.


When I worked in Telecom, one thing I learned while trying to implement a circuit turn up in Monterrey, Mexico... they work on a completely different work ethic than most Americans. Ahhh... when we get around to it, it will happen. Fun when you are the project coordinator trying to get the circuit to go live and work with people who take long siestas in the middle of the day. I wish American work ethics were more like that. That 60-80 hour work week I used to work was BS... anyway, I digress from my NASCAR.

Maybe we should eat Mexican food all week. Well, not true Mexican food. Tex-mex. I love Quesadillas. And those of you that drink alcohol, maybe try some Tequila this week or some Tecate'. Get in the Mexican spirit. Take a siesta at work. I'm sure your boss will understand. Simply explain you are preparing for this week's NASCAR race in Mexico. Ya, that will do it. I might even rent the movies "Desperado" and the Sequel, "Once Upon a Time in Mexico". Johnny Depp's best line, "Are you a Mexi-can or a Mexi-can't?" And plus, Antonio Banderas, yummy. And you boys will probably enjoy Selma Hijack or whatever her name is.

Yes, I believe I am ready for a fiesta. Mexican hat dance anyone???

Somos insanos de ir a México para una raza de Busch, ¿pero cuándo está desde entonces NASCAR sano?

3 Comments:

Blogger RevJim said...

I worked in telecom while in the Air Force, years ago. I also had to set up circuits in some of the strangest places you could imagine. I like Monte Alban Mescal. With the worm.

February 28, 2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i remember when i was a kid growing up in texas..they always pronounced mexican messkin...i loved that word...dont know why but it sort of slid off your tongue..i will go take my siesta to get ready for the messkin race.

March 01, 2006 12:19 AM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

Si senoirita bonita BABS!!!

March 01, 2006 2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter