Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mark Martin vs. Jamie McMurray??

Hmmm... thought this was interesting.... two different points of view in the media (gee, that never happens):

first from NASCAR.com's "We Wonder"

"... did Jamie McMurray and Mark Martin get together for brunch Sunday?

You'd think not. How bizarre was it to see Martin -- the man many drivers point to as an example of respectful driving -- involved in two high-profile incidents Saturday night? The thing with Kasey Kahne later in the race didn't appear to be of Martin's making at all, but how would you explain the McMurray crash early in the first segment?

Martin said McMurray was in the wrong.

"I made a couple of runs at him and he didn't give it up, and I made another run at him down there and got real close to him and he wiggled and I got into him," said Martin.

"Stuff like that happens when you don't yield to a faster car I guess. That's why I usually get out of the way if somebody is all over me."

McMurray's retort was curious to say the least.

"Yeah, he said, 'I'll take the blame for that.'," McMurray said. "It's the All-Star race and I know Mark's side of that. He was racing me pretty hard. You want to let guys go, but I didn't ever really feel like he was far enough underneath me to let him go and then I got spun out.

"It's very unfortunate to have one of your teammates do that, but Mark and me, even when I wasn't with Roush Racing, always had a good relationship and it'll stop here."

So, Martin took the blame when talking to McMurray, then threw McMurray under the bus when talking to the media?

You get the feeling that something's up here, don't ya? "


Now another article from Scene Daily adds some words to this...

"You want to let guys go, but I didn't ever really feel like he was far enough underneath me to let him go, and then I got spun out," McMurray said. "It's very unfortunate to have one of your teammates do that, but Mark and me, even when I wasn't with Roush Racing [before 2006], always had a good relationship and [talk about the crash will] stop here. ... He didn't mean to do it, he's just racing hard."

Martin said he believed he had the faster car at the time.

"I made a couple of runs at him, and he didn't give it up," Martin said. "I made another run at him down there and got real close to him and he Wiggled, and I got into him.

"Stuff like that happens when you don't yield to a faster car, I guess. That's why I usually get out of the way if somebody is all over me."

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiredawg said...

I guess having viagara all those years for a sponsor made Mark think everybody (Jamie Mac) had to "give" it up.

May 23, 2006 3:01 AM  
Blogger susan said...

let the cat in the hat sort this one out!!!

May 23, 2006 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter