Monday, June 05, 2006

Blogger bites

Well, sometimes the pics show up and sometimes not. Hit refresh and you might get lucky... Or not. I'm having trouble leaving comments too.

Anyway, I'll have more Matt pics when Blogger allows to upload again. Until then, I'm still happy Matt won, though I would have been happy for Jamie McMurray to win as well. But, I'm kinda loyal to Matt. What can I say? Poor Elliott Sadler. Damn, that sucked. Finally a decent car for awhile and slips in someone else's mess and wrecks. And WTF is up with JJ?? How many of you were hoping his engine would blow up or something? C'mon, raise those hands... I know you were wishing for it.

And Tony Stewart and crew did an excellent job getting him out of the car under caution. Sucks that Ricky Rudd got the speeding penalty on pit lane. Rest up Tony and get better. Just stay in the hunt for now. I think they are having Rudd run Pocono as well from what I've been hearing. Tony was in pain on Sunday. I don't think another week is going to heal that shoulder enough for Pocono.
All in all, the race had it's ups and downs. But I was on the edge of my seat at the end rooting for my man!!

Here's a link to Matt's after-race post conference. Apparently, Reiser told Kenseth to pit near the end and Matt didn't!! One quote from Matt: "The really wasn't any discussion. He just told me to pit and I didn't say anything. I just kind of watched what everybody did and when I saw everybody stay out I just kind of decided on my own to stay out. When I looked over going down the frontstretch and saw the look on his face, I knew I better finish pretty good or it was going to be a long couple of months.”
Good choice Matt!

5 Comments:

Blogger Oscar T. Grouch said...

Hands up here. How can JJ get so darn lucky. yucky. I was kind of pulling for Jaimie myself but it was an excellent clean pass so Matt deserves it.

June 05, 2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger tazfan said...

HUGE congrats to Matt. From what I read it was a hell of a finish!!

I want to know where JJ's secret cheating button is on that car so i can go disable it!!

June 05, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger RevJim said...

I haven't posted any commentary on the race, yet. I wish I wasn't under a time limit. Congrats to Matt, and that was some great racing. How about that save that Jamie made that put him in position to take the lead? Talk about quick reactions!
I'm still not going to start dissing Johnson, yet, but I am starting to wonder whin his luck is going to change.
You're right, I should not pick Matt more often!

June 05, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I like his comments about deciding not to pit. Cute story.
I was yelling for Jamie to win because he needs a win so bad, but it's ok that Matt won too. As long as it wasn't that 'roach.

June 05, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

Isn't blogger a bitch???????!!!!!!! Anyone know mhow to make a voodoo doll of the 48 car AND driver????

June 06, 2006 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter