Auto racing: Kenseth above the flow of traffic
From The Capital Times, Madison, WI
Following many of his racing peers to the pilot cockpit, Matt Kenseth is nurturing an interest in flying.
The Rockdale native got his private pilot's license last May and acquired his instrument rating at the end of December. Kenseth owns a Cessna 182 aircraft.
"When I'm in a car, I hate it when other people are driving," said Kenseth. "I've always just rode in the back.
"Since I've started flying, now I want to fly more and more. Now I'm like, 'Man, I wish I was up there.' I want to get up there and figure out what's going on."
Kenseth, who is also a motorcycle enthusiast and owns several Harley-Davidsons, said he enjoys the challenge that flying offers. Last season, he flew to races in Atlanta and Talladega, Ala., that were close to his home in Terrell, N.C.
link to rest of the article
Following many of his racing peers to the pilot cockpit, Matt Kenseth is nurturing an interest in flying.
The Rockdale native got his private pilot's license last May and acquired his instrument rating at the end of December. Kenseth owns a Cessna 182 aircraft.
"When I'm in a car, I hate it when other people are driving," said Kenseth. "I've always just rode in the back.
"Since I've started flying, now I want to fly more and more. Now I'm like, 'Man, I wish I was up there.' I want to get up there and figure out what's going on."
Kenseth, who is also a motorcycle enthusiast and owns several Harley-Davidsons, said he enjoys the challenge that flying offers. Last season, he flew to races in Atlanta and Talladega, Ala., that were close to his home in Terrell, N.C.
link to rest of the article


















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home