Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Things heard on Matt's scanner

During the Busch race at Dover, I was listening the "scan all drivers" option on Track Pass. It stopped on Carl Edwards radio with a conversation between he and Matt Kenseth. Matt was 2 laps down from that spark plug wire issue and was trying to get a lap back. Carl was in 2nd and I think Biffle was leading. Matt's car was now up to speed and he was telling his teammate that he was going to try to get one of his laps back, but didn't want to hold him up. It was still fairly early in the race. Conversation went something like this....

Scanner pops in:
Kenseth: "Well, I just wanted to let you know what I was going to try to do. I don't want to piss you off or anything."
Edwards: mockingly, "Ya, you don't want to piss me off."
Kenseth: "Ya, you're wearing that green uniform, you might turn into the Incredible Hulk or something."
Scanner moves on.

Kenseth, never could get those laps back. I assume Matt was making fun of not only his green uniform, but the display of Edward's pectorals on Sports Illustrated's cover (or whatever magazine it was) awhile back. That's my sarcastic Matty!

In other Kenseth news...
here's a link to an interview with the former Champ. What? He is not 5'11"!! Nice try. And I don't think he weighs 175 soaking wet. But apparently he likes Cocoa Crispies for breakfast. So, that is the breakfast of Champions!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiredawg said...

Did you have breakfast with Matty to find out about Cocoa Krispies???

June 08, 2006 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter