Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sonoma!!

Sorry... took a little blog break. I'm so glad I'll be able to watch the race in my own apartment this weekend! My own TV, where I can have the volume up and mute the commercials. Unless they are funny NASCAR ones, like Tony Stewart's Home Depot ads. Plus, I'll have my Track Pass!!! Woo-hoo!! Love that thing. It pisses me off watching the ticker at the top of the TV when your driver is having trouble and is running in the back. They change the ticker when there's a lead change, they change it whenever they show a replay of someone getting loose, they change it because someone scratched their ass. One reason I like Kenseth is I like to see him move up a spot every lap or so. I don't worry about him qualifying in the back or going to the back because he almost always moves up. At least I can follow that easier on Track Pass. Now, road courses aren't his favorite. But I think he will have a respectable finish anyway.

Several people don't like the road races. I don't mind them. It's different and I like to see some of the people like Robby Gordon or Boris Said (love the hair) kick some road course butt. Besides, we all have to turn left and right in the real world. And don't count out Mark Martin this weekend either for his last run at Sonoma. And we can always hope that JJ will run out of petrol. Ugh, see what happens when I watch a race with my dad? I start calling it petrol instead of gas. I don't understand why I can't get my Dad more interested in NASCAR since he was an engineer. After other people left my parents last weekend, we did turn up the volume and I tried to explain some technical aspects to my Dad to get him interested. But he's not a mechanical engineer. He was a metallurgist. Say what? Yep, someone who studies metals. He has a PhD in Metallurgical Engineering and his specialty was corrosion. He helped on the Alaskan and Saudi Arabian pipelines. Yes, he traveled to many foreign countries for his job. His favorite metal is steel. He loves football. So, why oh why can't he like NASCAR? *sigh*

3 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

when is the race? unless it is on fox i cant get it..whats a track pass...i need lessons here...

June 22, 2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

That is cool your dad helped on the pipelines. Mine helped build the WTC. He ran a kangaroo crane from the ground level to floor 52 on tower one and from around the 23 floor to the around the 70th floor on tower two. He also helped on the cleanup. Before he is to retire the union is going to let himhelp set the steel for the new towers. Pretty cool history on BOTH parts. You ever hear of "Tugboat" Annie??? She was my great grandma on mmy dads side. Hey wait, isn't this supposed to be about racing??? Get your dad to watch how they build the cars. Then he will be hooked.

June 23, 2006 3:03 AM  
Blogger Oscar T. Grouch said...

Gotta Love Boris"the thug" Said. Awesome. I am a fan of road courses. Lets the guys prove they can do more than turn left.
I work with engineers and they don't get Nascar either.

June 23, 2006 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter