Watching a race on mute in a room of chatty people
UGH!!!! What a terrible way to watch a race. I love my dad and of course I'm happy to spend time with him. But damn... watching a race that way sucked. I knew Kenseth had damage on his car, but had no idea why. I saw Tony wreck and screamed and had everyone look at me like I was nuts and I explained his shoulder situation and how I was concerned that wreck could have taken him out for the season. Then I see him later hammering on his car and know he's okay. He who shall not be named on my blog appeared to be running well, and I didn't like that. Matt spun out and I didn't like that. There were other wrecks and I don't know why and then it poured and the race was called complete and Kasey Kahne won. Now, I have to go back and watch the tape to see what really happened. On a good note, my eldest nephew and his family left part way through the race and I think I have got him interested in NASCAR again. Apparently, he has the game and wanted to go home and watch the race and play the game at the same time. When he was a young boy, he was really into NASCAR. Maybe he will come back!
Why are some drivers unable to hold their own umbrellas? Just wondering....


















7 Comments:
It was a great race. Scopes were right on today.
Some drivers are so little if they hold an umbrella they will turn into Mary Poppins. Good thing Tony will never have to worry about that...
you know what my problem with nascar is...??? im new to it and im watching it alone...think it i was with a nascar fan who was realy into it i would get more out of it and enjoy it more...but i love to hear you when you are into it...
Glad you taped it. Half way through I said screw it and took the girls swimming. Came back in and saw Kasey won in a rain delay. At least Junior got third and Harvick got tenth.
I was screaming too, when Tony crashed out!! For a while, no one would tell me if he was okay. Now, you KNOW I love being in the chatroom if I cant watch the race, but I was almost swearing at them yesterday. Especially those who know I dont see whats happening. Eventually someone realised I hadn't been told, and it must have gone round sub-conciously, because I had about 20 PM's saying he was fine and taking it out on the car via a lump hammer!!
I guess the umberalla thing is following on from the F1 boys. I dont know.
I cant wait until I get the disk from Mart to see the race, sometime next week I think, Early next week as it was so short!!
I never yelled so loud at tv in my life. I think my upstairs neighbors heard me. Tony didn't need another setback, but I'm glad he was ok. It was great to see Tony gettin' in there and helping out.
After that it was pretty much a rainout for me. With all the rain delays I was pretty much bored with it.
I was glad to see Matt finished 13th after all the problems he had yesterday.
Well--next week is road racing..not my favorite, but since Tony is good at those I will probably watch it.
I was watching the race alone and screamed too when that happened to Tony. So glad he is OK.
I don't know if I could watch a race in a room full of noise. I once had to do that at a wedding reception and it wasn't any fun. I always say 'nothing and no one comes between me and my NASCAR', and they all know it, and their place!
Hope you are ok and dry. Be careful. Have a good day.
Post a Comment
<< Home