Friday, June 23, 2006

You're a star now Mr. Gilliland

Cool to see David Gilliland qualify for the Cup Sonoma Race. Best of luck to David. How soon before he is snatched up by some Cup team? Or will he stay with his current team who probably has sponsors calling them now. Hmmm....

And the Greg Biffle NASCAR pet's calendar is about to go on sale. I personally wait until it's closer to the end of the next year to buy a calendar for the next year. I don't like living to far in advance. So, the line up is not to bad minus Alien Kyle Busch.
see article here.

"In addition to the calendar launch, fans will have the opportunity to go online and vote in the 2006 Top Dog Contest, which was designed to generate awareness about pet adoption. Visit here to vote, starting today. Voting ends Sunday at noon. Pedigree will donate a year's supply of dog food to the Sonoma County Animal Shelter in honor of the winning duo."

LOL... Larry Mac's dog looks like him!!!

I'm a huge fan of pet adoption. Especially, adult animals. I have volunteered in animal shelters before and it's much harder to adopt out adult animals than cute little puppies and kittens. However, adult animals are often already housebroken, some even trained in other areas. Some adult cats are already de-clawed, if you that is important to you. Plus, you don't have to go through the whole puppy/kitten tearing up everything in your home phase. And you can see their personalities easier. You already know what they will be like when they grow up! I've adopted 2 cats that where 4 years old at the time and they had plenty of spunk left in them. I still have one of the cats I adopted that was 4, now she's probably 8 and still tons of energy. I adopted a 9 year old cat while volunteering at the shelter. He's now about 11 and has some medical issues that are treatable with inexpensive meds. One downside to volunteering at a shelter is you want to take them all home with you, but he picked me. I almost got a dog there too. Anyway, off my soapbox for now. If you're thinking about a pet, check your local shelter!!!

We will return to racing soon...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiredawg said...

I knew there was a reason I really like you. I have 7 dogs, 8 cats, rat, hamster, fish, snake, and 4 turtles. For now. I saw some puppies the other day.....hmmmmmmm number 8 dog maybe?

June 24, 2006 3:15 AM  
Blogger susan said...

The Alien got the pole!!! Damn!!! I love road courses...reminds me of the roads back home!!!

June 24, 2006 4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter