Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Okay y'all

Mini rant: I know it's fun and easy to make fun of he who shall not be named on my blog and his fiancée and other drivers by picking on their sexuality. And I have done this in the past too. I stopped that hoping maybe that would cause it to cease on my blog. But I've seen some comments get pretty outrageous regarding gay or transgender, etc. First, one of my step-sisters is a lesbian, I do support the gay community in their rights to be treated as equal humans on this planet. I have readers from my other blog that are gay and even a transgendered person that is a NASCAR fan that reads this blog. She's a pretty cool person and I accept her for who she is and am embarrassed for her on some of the comments. She's been a fan of the sport for many, many years.

I really don't care what you think of me for this. I try to keep my political views and my NASCAR blog separate, but I'm drawing the line on this one. So many drivers act so child-like, I'm sure there is another way to make fun of them. Hell, I really shouldn't be calling he who shall not be named a midget, but I still slip up and do when I get ticked at him. Many say that people throwing bottles or whatever they threw at the race sets the sport back. What about this gay thing? I think it sets the sport back.

I'm just going to ask that you find another way to make fun of drivers than sexuality on my blog. What you do on your blog is your own business, because it is your blog. This is mine. Please respect my wishes and if not, I may or may not delete comments in the future. I hate to go there, because I believe in free speech and I have only deleted SPAM comments before. I'm just going to ask that it stop for now and take it from there. Thank you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

*The delegate from Motown performs one-woman standing ovation*

I don't like Dupont Boy, never have. He's a lot of things, but calling him gay and making remarks about his fiance' are totally uncalled for.

I encourage all of you who feel compelled to use gender identity/preference as a defense of your opinion to please stop. If you have a problem with DB, say so. Just leave the GLBT community out of it.

Thanks for posting this Babs. I hope the few bigoted folks here get the hint and take it down the road. WAY down the road. . .

Laterz!

July 11, 2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger susan said...

I understand what you are talking about..I have a memeber in my family whose is lebisan also...I have to listen to alot of remarks from people who don't know what they are talking about when it comes to gay's marrying...alot of times I'm biting my tongue..and leaving before I overload my arse. Jeffie is so easy to pick on!!!

July 12, 2006 5:14 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Yep, he is easy to pick on! Even my sister-in-law made the comment about his fiancée when we turned on the race this weekend.
I know it's easy to do, the old JG is gay comment. Let's try to be more creative than that. I'm not here to preach how others should live or what they should have on their blogs, I just don't want it on mine.
Plus, my step-sister's teenage daughters have found my other blog before. I really don't want them to see some of the comments here if they stumble upon this blog too.

July 12, 2006 7:11 AM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I really don't understand why everyone is blasting Jeff's girlfriend. I thought she is rather pretty. She is a model after all. So why are people saying those things about her? I pick on Jeff because he just irritates me so much at times. And he's not exactly ugly either. I try to like him and then he reverts back to his dumb ways. Another Earnhardt Sr. he will never be so I dearly hope he is not trying to be like him either.
Anyway, my step son is gay and I live and let live. He's flesh and bone like everyone else and we are all God's children some just a little different than others. (Uh...that would be me)

July 12, 2006 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He who will not be named, Kyle and Kurt, J's Mini me..........are the drivers I refer to as "smarmy".......good drivers all....but the way they come across to me during interviews leaves a bad taste. Matty's a good guy, but he likes Metallica....ha ha. Love your show!

July 13, 2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger RevJim said...

I admit I may have gotten out of line. My best drinking buddies are a same sex couple, and, though I'm not always PC, anything I say that may be offensive is unintentional and results from running mouth--or fingers--before engaging brain. I apologize if I may have offended anyone.

July 13, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I like the word "smarmy"!! Sums up a lot of them quite well....

July 14, 2006 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter