Friday, July 14, 2006

Toyota ride with Waltrip on the table for Mayfield

Yep...on NASCAR.com...I've cut out a bit:

LOUDON, N.H. -- Jeremy Mayfield has been offered the opportunity to drive for Michael Waltrip Racing next season.

Waltrip said an announcement on Mayfield could come within the next week or two.

"It's more the ball's in his court," Waltrip said after qualifying 39th. "We've got a lot going on next week. We're going to Atlanta to do some stuff with UPS and Aaron's.

Sadler denied that he's had discussions with Evernham or anybody from Evernham Motorsports about leaving Robert Yates Racing, but admitted there have been discussions with other teams.


"You'd be surprised at how many cars will open up next year," said Sadler, who drives the No. 38 RYR Ford. "I have not made my decision on what I want to do next year. Can I tell you something different in two or three weeks? Maybe.

He disputed reports that he had until tomorrow afternoon to let Yates know if he planned to stay.

But Sadler confirmed he has an out in his contract that has two years remaining after this season.

"I don't know anything about a deadline or day," Sadler said. "Right now, I want to focus on that No. 38 car. I really want to get one more win in it."

6 Comments:

Blogger susan said...

Silly season is already confusing!!! What gonna happen next???

July 14, 2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

ALL I KNOW IS THAT IS ONE LITTLE M&M I WOULD LIKE TO MELT IN MY MOUTH..
holy shit..did i just say that..?

July 14, 2006 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, I'm just trying to figure out when NASCAR became a circus, but remember DEI said they wanted to field another car? Elliot would be a nice fit. Elliot could move to a toyota team, Jeremy could go to yates, and another drivers whos contract is expiring could go to the 19. Just a couple thoughts from a Nascar fan. Oh and did you hear about the french dude coming from IRL? He was on NASCAR live. Did the floodgates open or something?

July 14, 2006 6:07 PM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

MWR is nothing short of being totally fizzuckin classless!!! Offering jobs to drivers still involved with their current status. Just like Elliott, I have an out. I guess contracts and drivers loyalties are nothing less than toe jam from Jimmie Johnson's feet. I am just sayin!!! Night all!!! Wait til MY rant on this subject tomarrow.

July 14, 2006 6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno what to think about this one... I will say this - if ESad moved, Evernham would have the hottest guys in NASCAR racing for him between ESad & Kahne, LOL

July 15, 2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Good point, Christina!

July 18, 2006 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter