Sunday, February 17, 2008

Communication

I know Matt was pissed at David Ragan for wrecking him, but Matt was also pissed at his team. He was screaming at them on the radio asking to tell him how to get to the garage. "You know the drill guys, tell me where to go, get your asses down here to the garage, let's get this thing fixed and get back out there." Then still hearing the scanner in the garage it sounded like chaos. Matt was calling more orders than Chip. This is what really sucks about Robbie not being with Matt. Also, during the race, Matt said Chip's radio must not be working. Chip finally came on and said, "I'm here." I know Chip is used to being in the background as the engineer during the race, but he's got to step up and be a leader now if he's going to be a Crew Chief. Communication has got to get better.

Matt starts rambling on his radio when he is driving around out there with a broken car to just finish the race and making sarcastic remarks about drivers and the race, etc.

And I vote for Ragan to be the 5th driver that Roush has to let go by 2009 to get down to four teams. He was already my vote before and this just confirms it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger RevJim said...

Matt had every reason to be angry, and I am glad only that it wasn't me who jinxed him.
I think Chip will get the hang of it, and hopefully it will be soon. California could very easily be a repeat win for Matt.
When Smith crashed at testing a few weeks ago, and it was in California, I think, my thoughts were, "you mean he practices for that?"
That really was a bad deal for him cutting off Matt like that. I think he has lots of talent, but that talent does him no good if he can't get across the finish line.

February 22, 2008 12:53 AM  
Blogger Tiredawg said...

Me thinks I would dump Carl "Look At My 5 min abs" Edwards. He is pretty selfish, remember when he got into Matt's shiznit last year. At least with Regan they can write off ALL the wrecked cars for tax purposes. Instead of attorney fees and restraining orders!!! LOL LOL LOL Hi ya Babs. Luvs ya kiddo. Peace, Dawg

February 22, 2008 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter